Sea container bars and cafes have surfaced as one of the most captivating trends in the global hospitality scene. As urban spots pivot towards sustainable and innovative designs, Perth stands out. Many businesses have embraced these repurposed shipping containers to craft unique, eco-friendly venues.
Table of Contents
In this blog, we’ll show you our favourite instant bars and cafes in Perth that are utilising shipping containers. You’ll learn where they are and why they’re becoming so popular.
What are Sea Container Bars and Cafes?
Shipping container bars and cafes are a fresh twist in the dining scene that turn old sea containers into trendy, usable spots for food and drinks. The benefits of a shipping container bar and cafe include:
- Affordability: Opting for a shipping container cafe often means a lower initial investment, reduced operational costs, and savings on construction, making it a budget-friendly choice for businesses.
- Flexibility: Shipping container cafes and bars offer the ability to design and tailor the space to your brand’s vision, from layout to furniture and colour schemes.
- Eco-friendly: By repurposing used containers for cafes or bars, businesses can adopt a more sustainable model, reducing waste and further enhancing their eco-friendliness with sustainable construction materials.
- Durability: Constructed from strong steel, shipping container bars and cafes ensure long-lasting durability and enhanced security, safeguarding essential equipment and valuables inside.
- Portability: The inherent mobility of shipping container cafes and bars allow businesses to relocate and tap into new opportunities, catering to changing foot traffic patterns or evolving business needs.
Top Sea Container Bars and Cafes in Perth
1. Inscription Bar & Cafe
- Location: Dirk Hartog Island
The Inscription Bar & Cafe is Australia’s most remote bar & cafe. The exterior of the transformed sea containers is decorated with rustic artefacts from the island’s 400-year history and timber planks to give it the perfect vibe of a beach lagoon. Two sea containers were used within the conversion to provide Inscription with a bar, cafe, and office. Being located right next to the beach, this destination is the perfect spot to taste their signature gins with your friends and family.
2. Kahuna Cafe
- Location: Adventure World, 179 Progress Drive, Bibra Lake, WA, 6163
Nestled within the thrilling atmosphere of Adventure World, Kahuna Cafe offers visitors a unique dining experience. Housed in a repurposed sea container, the cafe captures the adventurous spirit of its surroundings with its tropical exterior while emphasising sustainability. Whether you’re seeking a refreshing drink after a roller coaster ride or a hearty snack to refuel, Kahuna Cafe is a must-visit.
3. Poppy and Ray’s Cafe
- Location: 7 Compass Road, Jandakot, WA, 6164
Tucked away in the heart of Jandakot, Poppy and Ray’s Cafe is the local secret every visitor should discover. Serving up expertly brewed coffees and a selection of delightful snacks, it captures the essence of Perth’s vibrant cafe culture. Whether you’re a local or just passing through, a visit to Poppy and Ray’s promises a taste of Jandakot’s finest.
Thinking of Building your Own Sea Container Cafe or Bar?
If you’re inspired to join this trend and make your mark with a sea container cafe or bar, Instant Sea Containers is your go-to solution. With over 20 years of experience in manufacturing, constructing, and delivering sea container units across Western Australia, we can provide a solution to your business. For cafe and instant bar solutions, browse our range of sea containers for sale. Alternatively, contact our friendly team of professionals for guidance today.
Managing Director at Instant Sea Containers
Scott Rawson is the Managing Director of the Instant Products Group, a specialist group of companies that offer portable building solutions, including sea containers, transportable offices, and portable sanitation products.